Jul 25, 2012

Do Looks Matter To Women?

Amazing story to share with you guys about the question “do looks matter to women?”  Honestly, I think my biggest “eye-roller” comment that I make is when I tell men that looks do not matter to women. But it’s true.

I’ve said it a million times that yes looks DO matter, but only in the first 5 seconds of interaction, because for the first 5 seconds we have nothing else to base our perception of you on.  But something interesting happens after the first 5 seconds.  A man’s face starts to morph, as we start to see his character.  Good character gets more attractive. Bad character gets down right ugly.


I got an email from Ed the other day, telling me a story about how he used to an “eye roller” but since a recent experience has changed his POV.  I told him his email was an amazing story that I had to share with the rest of my guys and asked him if I could post it.
He luckily said YES! Here’s his story:

Ed’s Email:

Hey Marni, I’ve written you a couple of emails, and you respond to my tweets
a-lot. So first, thanks for that, your advice is awesome!

Quick Story:

I remember you writing that the reason women will say that their best friends
are beautiful even if most guys don’t think they are good-looking at all because
of the way they FEEL about that friend of theirs. Here’s a REALLY good example
of that:

I’m watching the Major League Baseball All-Star game, afterwards, Erin Andrews
interviews one of the players of the game. She is gorgeous. My mom responds
“Ugh, she is so ugly” I tell my mom she’s crazy, and mom starts saying “She’s
old, her profile’s bad, look at her mouth!  She is SO BORING”.

I remember what you said so I asked my mom: “Wait, you just don’t like her…I’m
curious, Mom, can you name a celebrity or women you dislike but is also
beautiful?”

_______________________________________________________
And wait! Check out my dating product reviews...loads of info on the latest PUAs and Dating Gurus there.
If you really liked the post, share it with others below.

No comments:

Post a Comment