Mar 31, 2011

The One Most Successful Secret To Pickup

So check it out. I've been thinking a lot lately about what makes
a successful pickup. What I mean by that is: what are the 
common threads in every successful approach I've done? 
 
As I said, I thought about this a lot. Then I thought some more. 
Was it proper execution of fundamentals? Yeah, but that sort of
goes without saying. Was it some inner game secret? Nah, too 
ephemeral, I'm looking for something concrete. 
 
Eventually, I just got pissed off and threw the television out
the front window. 
 
"Screw all this," I thought, "This is too much thinking." 
 
That's when it hit me. The common thread to all my successful 
pickups:
 
ABSENCE OF THOUGHT.
 
That's right. No thinking.
 
In all of my most spectacular successes, I was living completely 
in the moment, without concern for "the next move" or "what to 
say" or any of this type of stuff. 
 
In all of those cases, I was able to just LET GO and let the 
training take over. I put faith in my abilities and my skills, 
and let them guide me, like Luke Skywalker turning off his 
computer controls as he makes his assault on the Death Star. 
 
Ok, that's gonna be the last Star Wars reference you EVER see in 
this newsletter. BTW, side note: Star Wars references are 
definitely high ranking in the Top Ten Ways To Kill A Pickup.
You've been warned!
 
The point is, you must be present in the moment at all times. On 
paper, you can plot out the stages of a pick-up and plan 
everything out, it seems so black and white. But in the field, 
it's a different story entirely. 
 
In the field, things are coming at you from all directions, and 
they're coming at you very quickly. Split-second response time 
is necessary, and there's no way you're gonna be able to pull 
that off if you're somewhere in the back of your own head, 
looking at a pie chart. 
 
This is all very Zen, no?
 
Anyway, I let this roll around in my head for a while. I didn't 
THINK about it, mind you, I just let it sort of fester in my brain
until it crystalized. This is what I was left with:
 
Thinking is bad. Nonsense and utter stupidity are good.
 
This, then, is my new "method" which I wholeheartedly endorse: 
nonsense and utter stupidity.
 
Typically, I wouldn't bother to elaborate on this, as the very 
act of doing so would go against the tenets of the Nonsense and 
Utter Stupidity philosophy. But I'll make an exception for you, 
schttrj, cause you my homie.
 
Now, I know you're probably saying, "Ok Jeff, I get it. It's 
important to be present in the moment during a social interaction."
The thing is, it goes far deeper than that. 
 
While that's all esoteric and everything, there are actually some 
ways to practically apply this philosophy, and THAT'S what I'm 
gonna explain right here. 
 
First of all, what is the number one reason that guys fail at 
pickup?
 
They don't understand how attraction works. Specifically, they 
think that LOGIC has something to do with attraction, when in fact
it has almost NOTHING to do with it. 
 
The process of attraction is predicated almost entirely on 
EMOTION. 
 
THIS is the reason most guys fail. They may work hard to buy 
a sports car and take girls to dinner, thinking that it will 
impress them and thus cause them to become attracted to them.
 
The problem is, while expensive dinner and luxury cars are very 
nice things, they are LOGICAL things, not emotional. While these 
things may contribute to YOUR happiness and are great in that 
respect, they have nothing to do with the process of attraction. 
 
In fact, by bragging about having such things, it can have the
opposite of the desired effect, as doing so sub communicates 
NEEDINESS, which is perhaps the most undesireable quality of 
all. 
 
This over-reliance on logic is the GAPING hole in most guys' game
that you can drive a Mack truck through. 
 
This is why I can shut down most guys so easily. Let's say my 
buddy is in a mixed set (a set with both guys and girls) and 
there's some guy in it that's interfering, trying to control the 
set and game the girls. 
 
What do I do? Simple. 
 
I roll in and start bombarding the guy with logical questions, 
in a friendly manner. 
 
What happens is the guy will engage me in this BORING LOGICAL 
conversation. Any attraction he has built with the girl starts 
to plummet immediately. The beauty part is, he doesn't even realize
what's happening, as it all seems like an innocuous attempt 
by a boring yet friendly guy (me) to be social. 
 
Meanwhile, my wingman swoops in and steals all the attraction 
for himself as he games up the target. 
 
This is made possible by guys' ignorance of how the process of 
attraction works. Their assumption that it is based on logic
is their weakness. 
 
Let me illustrate for you yet another practical application of 
the Nonsense and Utter Stupidity school of 'thought'.
 
Many times, when you approach a girl, she will throw various 
'tests' your way over the course of the interaction as a way to 
screen out undesireables. 
 
This is a GOOD thing. If a chick throws these tests your way, it 
means that she's viewing you as a POTENTIAL sex partner. If you 
were a kid or a 90 year old geezer, she wouldn't even think to 
do this, so if you 
 
These tests can take many forms. They can be pointed inquiries 
("Do you say that to all the girls?"), they can be blatant 
insults ("Oh my god, your shirt is so lame!").
 
Your response to these tests will determine your success or 
failure. With that in mind, you would do well to really think 
about your responses, right? 
 
BZZZZT WRONG!!!
 
Remember, attraction is all about emotions. So when a girl busts
your balls, in many ways, it's an attempt to get you to go 
logical. 
 
See, girls KNOW that if you get them emotional, they will likely 
sleep with you. So they attempt to put the BRAKES on the process
by going logical. If you take the bait, you're sunk. Mind you, 
very little of this is taking place on a conscious level in the 
chick's head.
 
If a girl tests you and starts getting all pissy, what do you do?
 
CHANGE HER MOOD, NOT HER MIND. 
 
Instead of addressing the test in a logical manner and getting 
sucked into that trap, bust out some nonsense. Ignore the 
comment, stick out your tongue and tickle her. 
 
Bust out some utter stupidity. Reply with some bizarre non sequiter
that has nothing whatsoever to do with what she said.
 
Her: "Why did you say that? That's totally offensive!"
 
Me: "Yeah... dude, my friend eats LEMONS whole, isn't that 
weird? Like, we're at lunch the other day, and she just picks up 
this lemon, and eats it like it was an orange. Weird! Don't you 
think that would damage the enamel on her teeth or something?"
 
Her: "Uhh... yeah, that's weird... what was I saying?" 
 
The power of utter stupidity cannot be overstated. 
 
Sometimes, I'll use it to keep the girls in state when the 
energy in the interaction is flagging. 
 
Energy's going down, and no attract material immediately springs
to mind? Time for some gibberish that makes no sense! I jump into 
the air with a spinning uppercut and scream, "HAAAARRRRRUUUKEN!!"
The chicks start laughing and I roll back into my regularly 
scheduled game. 
 
Let's say I'm pulling some girl back to Club Ron (my euphemism
for my house) and she's getting bored in the cab. Time to rock
the stupidity! I start calling her "a mischievious munchkin in 
the night" and making kitty cat and cow noises. I keep this 
up for the duration of the ride home, while she's shrieking and 
giggling the whole way. 
 
Try this stuff out. It is extremely powerful. One warning though, 
you must be CONGRUENT if you're gonna pull this stuff off. If 
you start making weird noises, but you're thinking, "God, I must
sound like a buffoon," well, guess what? She's probably going 
to agree with that sentiment. 
 
Another great area to apply the concepts of Nonsense and Utter 
Stupidity is the approach. 
 
So many times, guys shoot themselves in the foot before they even 
approach, because of approach anxiety. 
 
What happens is, they see the hot girl they want, then pause. 
They start to cycle through different scenarios in their head. 
What's the best opener? No, that one will sound stupid. What if
she thinks I'm lame? What if that guy is her boyfriend? Etc. etc.
 
Finally, if she hasn't left by this point, they muster up the 
courage to approach. The problem is, now their opener sounds 
totally stilted and contrived because of all this internal 
pollution floating around in their head.
 
Enter the Stupidity. 
 
When you see that girl, KILL ALL THOUGHTS. 
 
You just can't afford to think in these situations. Your brain 
can only process so much, you need to focus all your energy in 
the moment and JUST GO. 
 
Take a deep breath and go. There's no guarantee that you'll succeed, 
but without all that junk in your head tainting the broadcast, 
you're much more likely to sub communicate attractive qualities 
and respond to things in the correct way. 
 
Be here now, as the old 60's head trip gurus used to say. 
 
Put faith in your training, and let the pieces fall into place. _______________________________________________________
And wait! Check out my dating product reviews...loads of info on the latest PUAs and Dating Gurus there.
If you really liked the post, share it with others below.


No comments:

Post a Comment