Feb 15, 2011

Being A Man - Phew!

Well, I came home yesterday afternoon, it was a beautiful day
outside, so I decided to take a walk around the equestrian center
and visit a few of the horses. While walking, I came across one of
the women who boards her horse at the equestrian center. She was
checking on her horse, and the man that she recently started to
date was with her.


I had never met him- but she has told me about him... and, of
course, she's told me a few stories...

She described him as being shy at times and a little reserved... but
apparently he "opens up" as he drinks. Wonderful. Now, that's
healthy to base a relationship around, right??? :-)

As I walked up, she quickly introduced him to me and she started a
conversation...

Sure enough, he was passive, reserved, spoke quietly, and was
extremely nice and polite... but he certainly isn't going to be a
standup comic anytime soon.

I felt bad about it, but a couple of times I had to ask him to
repeat himself because I couldn't hear what he had said.

Apparently she had brought a bottle of wine with them, and he
suddenly decided to go to the car and grab it...

This is where it started to get interesting...

He sat down at a nearby table and poured himself a glass of wine.
It took us a few minutes to get to the table where he was sitting,
because she wanted to show me something and she was asking several
questions that she had been meaning to ask me.

I think we probably only visited for about... maybe... 10 minutes
tops, while he was sitting at the table... and when we got to the table,
he was finishing his 2nd BIG glass of wine. He had downed half the
bottle.

And... just as she had told me... yes, he does "open up" when he
drinks... He was suddenly a different person. Talking louder and no
longer mumbling or "eating his words". He still is a long ways from
being some impressive storyteller or comedian... but at least I
could hear him.

Okay, now in NO WAY do I think a man (or woman) should have to get
sloshed in order to feel confident enough to speak up... and if
someone does require that, then there are other issues that
probably need to be dealt with...

But this situation reminded me of an important topic and made me
realize what I want to talk about this morning...

Research has shown that women are more attracted to men that have
masculine facial features and have deeper, "manly" voices. Now, a
man's facial features are much harder to change or alter... but
voice is something that can be easily worked on.

Even if a man doesn't consider himself to have a "deep" voice, I
think it's important that he demonstrate that he's proud, confident
and authoritative by the "strength" of his voice.

There is nothing that suggests confidence or authority if a man
comes across as mousy, soft spoken, mumbles his words or "eats his
words".

So when you speak, it's important to speak up, speak proud, and be
easily heard.

I prefer to see a man on the loud side (I don't mean obnoxious, I
just mean the strength of his voice), than be on the quiet side. I
think it's far more attractive.

Actually, the man that this woman is dating reminded me, somewhat,
of the character "Raj" on "The Big Bang Theory" on CBS. Which is an
excellently written comedy by the way. The character "Raj" is a
young scientist from India who is deathly afraid to talk to women...
unless he's been drinking. So, he typically passes all of his
comments and messages through one of his male friends. For the fun
of it, I tracked down this short clip from "The Big Bang Theory"
and I think you'll like it. It starts with a commercial, and then
the clip comes on. You can watch it here:
http://www.cbs.com/primetime/big_bang_theory/video/?pid=Nfre55SJB4pv_lW65HYYYFNS_gDU6fWA&nrd=1
Make good things happen now.












_______________________________________________________
And wait! Check out my dating product reviews...loads of info on the latest PUAs and Dating Gurus there.
If you really liked the post, share it with others below.


Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment