Feb 7, 2011

Horrible Advice On How To Pick Up Women

From Jeffy -


Jeffy here, back again to bring you some of the most valuable secrets of 
social interaction ever to grace an email. 
 
Just kidding. This issue, I'm gonna give you some of the WORST advice 
you've ever heard. Let's get right to it.
 
In my travels and my work with Real Social Dynamics, I meet a ton of 
students who are just starting out in the game, and there are certain 
things that they inevitably struggle with during this nascent period 
of player-dom. 
 
One of these "universal" problems involves reconciling their new-found 
attitudes with a lot of old cliches that they once held as truths. 
 
What I mean by this is that, over the years, we tend to accumulate a set 
of beliefs with regard to social interactions, especially interactions 
with the opposite sex, that sound good on paper.
 
But when push comes to shove, a lot of these beliefs turn out to be empty 
platitudes that can end up working AGAINST YOU.
 
As you grow and become more socially intelligent, you learn to recognize 
these old cliches for what they are. You may even come to a point where 
you start to actively work to eradicate the behaviors associated with them. 
 
Like, the guy will think to himself, "All that stuff is weak... that's just 
BS that society puts out to throw people off the track... I'm a REAL player, 
I won't fall for that." 
 
The funny thing, however, is this: behind all these apparently ass-
backwards cliches we've all heard since high school about the best way to 
go about picking up women, there exists an element of truth. 
 
These are the hidden nuggets of wisdom that only a true mack with a real-
world understanding of the mechanics of the game can pick up on. No pun 
intended.
 
What am I talking about here? Let me give you a couple of examples.
 
First off, there's that old admonition you used to hear constantly from 
your teachers and parents when you were a kid:
 
"You should think before you speak." 
 
This is one of my favorites. My dad used to say this one to me all the 
friggin' time.
 
"Boy, you need to learn to THINK before you speak!!"
 
Ok, makes sense. Of course.
 
The problem is this: a lot of guys get waaay too wrapped up in this. 
Especially when they're interacting with women.
 
For example, you have a guy talking to a girl at the bar. And he's sitting 
there talking to her, but in his head, he's always trying to stay two steps 
ahead, to ensure he doesn't say the wrong thing and blow it. 
 
It's like he's Garry Kasparov or something, trying to defeat IBM's Deep 
Blue supercomputer in the chess match of the century. Contemplating 
every possible move and permutation in advance, so he'll be ready for it.
 
Got to be READY!!
 
BZZZZZZT!!! Wrong. 
 
It's ironic, because when you're constantly trying to stay ahead in the 
interaction, you actually end up sabotaging yourself. 
 
What happens is this: by not focusing on being in the moment, you end up 
killing the vibe. 
 
In pickup, rhythm is so important as to be paramount to success. Rhythm, 
expression and confidence are all intertwined. If your mind is always 
thirty seconds in the future, you're going to subcommunicate bad things 
about yourself. Why would someone secure in their abilities be worried 
about "screwing up"?
 
Think of it like this: it's the difference between a novice guitar player 
struggling to remember which notes to play next, and Jimi Hendrix just 
riffing and flowing straight from the soul. If you've ever listened to a 
live Hendrix album, you know what I'm talking about.
 
(If you haven't, I suggest you download some immediately and listen to it 
while you read the rest of this newsletter). One sounds stilted and 
awkward, the other sounds honest and soulful... you can't help but be 
drawn in. 
 
By walking on eggshells and being concerned about what others will think 
of what you say, you're creating a gap between your true self and the 
persona others see.
 
This gap exists within everybody. In people who are highly charismatic, 
the gap will be so small as to be insignificant. There is literally no 
difference between what they feel inside and what they project to the 
world. 
 
This is universally attractive to all people. 
 
So, back to the original point: guys get into the game and they learn that 
this advice is, let's say, "not so good". As a result, they dismiss it outright 
as "chump conditioning". 
 
But, as I've come to realize, there's some hidden treasure in this dung 
heap.
 
As I've gotten more and more experience up in the game, I've started to 
develop a field intuition about certain scenarios. This intuition is basically 
my brain instantaneously comparing the situation at hand against all the 
information gleaned from three years of going out to meet women seven 
nights a week. 
 
When you get that many interactions under your belt, you gots quite the 
preponderance of data to draw from. 
 
So, for example, I'll be talking to a girl or a group of girls, and they will 
say "X". What happens is that my brain searches the database for similar 
experiences and brings back suggestions. 
 
Note that this happens INSTANTANEOUSLY. Your brain is an 
extremely powerful heuristic computing machine, more powerful than you 
know. Every sliver of information you've ever taken in is stored in it, 
somewhere. 
 
So when this happens, it's not something I'm consciously doing. It just 
happens.
 
The way it practically manifests is the interesting part.
 
Rather than throwing up suggestions of what to say, my brain spits out 
WARNINGS of things to NOT say or do. Like, my brain searches the 
database and comes back in a nanosecond with a warning: "DON'T DO 
THAT... LET IT GO... IF YOU DO THAT IT'S GAME OVER!!" 
 
Let me give you a quick couple of examples. 
 
Let's say I'm interacting with a group and someone in the group says 
something that sets them up for a joke at their expense. I have the perfect 
response for it, a response that I KNOW will get people around us falling 
down on the floor, clutching their sides in agony because they're laughing 
so hard. I get ready to spit the line out...
 
...when all of a sudden something stops me. It's my brain, telling me that, 
yes, the joke might be the funniest thing I've said all month, but it will piss 
off the wrong person in the group, and I'll end up blown out of the set. So I 
bite my tongue and move on. Sure, I didn't get the laugh, but I'll get the lay 
instead. Oh well. :)
 
The funny thing is, when I first got into the game, this warning wouldn't 
have come up. I would have just blithely spit out the line and been left 
there scratching my head in puzzlement after I got blown out. 
 
Here's another real life example. I'm getting ready for a date with a 19 year 
old I met last week. I know that this is ON, so I spend a couple hours 
getting my house ready for when I pull her back to it. This means mopping 
the floor, dusting, cleaning the bathroom, etc. 
 
So I call the chick up, and all of a sudden she tells me she's flaking on me 
to go to a ballgame. What the hell? I'm pretty irritated, especially since I 
did all that housework.
 
So I start to say to her, "But, I even cleaned the bathroom for you!" 
 
BZZZT!!! My spidey sense starts tingling like a mofo! "DO NOT SAY 
THAT! DO NOT SAY THAT!" 
 
So instead, I say in a sarcastic tone, "Awww, I'm so disappointed. I hired a 
limo, had flowers flown in from Brazil, and even got a concert pianist 
from France to make the night special." She starts laughing and agrees to 
meet up after the game. I laid her that night... SOLID GAME!
 
Now, what happened there was, my brain searched the database and came 
up with this: telling her that I cleaned my bathroom would raise her "anti-
slut-defense". Why would I clean my bathroom? What am I expecting, her 
to come back to my house and sleep with me? Oh my god, how shocking!
 
Based on past experience, I knew this was the incorrect course of action, 
so I changed my tack and succeeded.
 
So basically, what I'm saying here is that when you hear someone say, 
"You should think before you speak," the true meaning isn't that you 
should walk on eggshells and carefully weigh every word that comes out 
of your mouth. 
 
Think of it like this instead: it's more a matter of installing 
BEHAVIORAL FILTERS in your head that guide you down a funnel of 
choices that lead you to your goals in a given interaction. As you 
accumulate more and more experience, the filters become more 
comprehensive. 
 
Another Hall of Fame cliche we hear all the time is the old classic, "just be 
yourself".  
 
Talk to any of your female friends about pickup, and odds are they'll 
answer with some variant of this.
 
"Just be yourself, and everything will be fine."
 
At this point you're most likely sitting there thinking to yourself, 
"Nonsense.  I've been myself my entire life, and it's not really getting me 
laid as much as I'd like! If anything, I need to become DIFFERENT than 
how I am now!"
 
This is why lot of people initially seek out structure when they come to the 
pickup game.  It's precisely because they feel that it isn't enough to "just 
be themselves".  They feel that if they just had some more material, 
everything would fall into place; it becomes a crutch, a supplement that 
makes developing an actual personality unnecessary.  
 
It's unfortunate, because what they're doing is misunderstanding the true 
meaning of the phrase. 
 
When someone tells you to be yourself, they don't mean to keep on 
engaging in the same old behaviors that haven't got you laid in the past 
and just shrug your shoulders when it doesn't work out.  What they really 
mean is to drop all of the filters of insecurity in your head and start 
expressing yourself congruently. 
 
In other words, don't *just* be yourself, be a hyper version of yourself.  
People who are operating on a very pure level internally are magnetic. It's 
not about making yourself over into a new person, it's about letting go of 
that which STIFLES the attractive person that already lies within you. 
 
Be all you can be. 

_______________________________________________________
And wait! Check out my dating product reviews...loads of info on the latest PUAs and Dating Gurus there.
If you really liked the post, share it with others below.

No comments:

Post a Comment