Feb 11, 2011

Who Is More Manly?

I managed to have a relaxing yet productive day yesterday, and
towards the end of the day I decided to run a couple of errands
before the stores closed. I also wanted to pick up a few groceries,
so I stopped by SunFlower Farmer's Market on the way home.

While there, I had the great surprise of running into a male friend
of mine. We ended up visiting for about twenty minutes. Now... I
don't agree with everything this man believes in... and his views,
on many subjects, are certainly not my views... but I always love my
conversations with him because he's positive, interesting,
knowledgeable and comical.
He's a renaissance man- what I refer to as a "whole man". About
twenty years ago he decided for health reasons that he should be a
vegetarian, and so he is... He loves the arts and he paints and also
attends many theater events. He thoroughly enjoys dancing and he
can dance everything from salsa, to disco, to tango, to the country
two-step. He loves to read, cook, ride horses, travel, mountain
bike, and often goes on extended camping and nature adventures.
He's always doing something or going somewhere. Each day he starts
by doing yoga & meditation, reading something positive and
inspirational, and then enjoying a cool shower. For money he has
gradually bought several duplexes and small condo complexes, which
he rents and his personal assistant manages. This leaves him plenty
of time to travel, read and enjoy life. He doesn't own a
television. And one minute he'll be attending a meditation retreat
in India... and then he'll board a plane and go to "Burning Man"...
He's a "whole man" with varied interests and knowledge.

Well, after my great and uplifting conversation with him at the
market, I came back home to the equestrian center where I live. As
I was putting away the groceries and items I had purchased, a man
that lives nearby stopped in. This man is very much a "cowboy" from
his long dusters to his boots and spurs... everything about him is
western... literally from his saddle to his shoes.

Now, I have to say that I do enjoy "Mr. Cowboy" and he does have
some great attributes and he's polite, genuine, and knowledgeable
about ranching, bailing hay and the "western ways".

When he arrived I was still thinking about all of the interesting,
positive information that my friend at the market had shared with
me. So, I decided to share some of it, and some information about
this friend of mine, with "Mr. Cowboy".

Well, when I described him to "Mr. Cowboy" and said that he is a
vegetarian, paints and loves theater, travels, does yoga and
meditation, etc... I could tell that "Mr. Cowboy" was processing all
of this and was in question of it. He then bluntly said, "It sounds
to me like he has a little too much sugar in his tank."

Meaning, of course, that he's "less than manly" and possibly some
wimp or "girlie man".

Funny thing is... guess who has the most success with women and
attracts the most women?

You probably guessed it... my vegetarian friend with the multiple
hobbies and interests. Now, in addition to many of his views that I
don't particularly agree with, he doesn't believe that humans were
meant to be monogamous creatures and though he has several long
term women in his life... he isn't in a "relationship" with any of
them. But he's constantly traveling with various women, going to
dinner with women and meeting new women.

And "Mr. Cowboy"... Well each time I see him he usually tells me how
he's looking for a "good woman" or how he "struck out" yet again.

Okay, now are both of these men "manly"? Yes, yes they are.

You see, even though my friend who partakes in activities and
lifestyle choices that are often made fun of if a man does them, he
still is strong, authoritative, opinionated, witty, unwavering in
his beliefs, a true leader and therefore an attractive character.

When you talk with him you can quickly tell that he is very much a
"man"... and not just an average man... but a "whole man". He's
refined.

While "Mr. Cowboy" is also very manly, he is what I refer to as a
"limited man"... He lives inside a "black & white box" and is
limited on his conversation, knowledge, beliefs, stereotypes, experiences
and hobbies. Beyond his ability to grill a steak, two-step, rope
the occasional calf, and bail hay... he doesn't have much to talk
about.

I strongly, strongly believe that a man can be artistic, appreciate
the arts, acquire the ability to decorate his house... hell, he can
even do yoga if he wants (even though personally I'm not a yoga fan
and think that has been a long overrated fad...)... he can dress
well... and eat whatever he decides is best for him, vegetarian or not...
and still be 100% manly.

What makes "a man" and that attractive character that women
cherish, is personality and the man's persona. From there, the more
interests, hobbies, talents and stories the man has... only adds to
his opportunities for meeting women AND having great conversations
when he meets those women.
_______________________________________________________
And wait! Check out my dating product reviews...loads of info on the latest PUAs and Dating Gurus there.
If you really liked the post, share it with others below.


Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment