Feb 26, 2011

Will I Hurt Them?


*** QUESTION ***
 
Hi Jeffy,
 
I hope I win some sort of prize if I'm the first person to email 
you with a question.  Maybe I should get a prize anyway for 
asking a question that you probably don't get very often.
 
It may sound strange, but one thing that seriously holds me back 
from really giving it 110% with a girl is that I don't know how 
to get RID of them once I attract them.  
 
Not that I'm anywhere near good at attracting women on a regular, 
consistent basis, but whenever I DO attract a woman, it seems like 
she will be SO into me that I feel really bad/guilty about dumping 
her if I decide I don't like her.  
 
Girls are always talking about how men hurt them, and they seem 
to get really hurt by me if I don't like them/dump them, so I'm 
always thinking, "Am I REALLY SURE that I'm going to end up 
liking this girl." 
 
A lot of times I don't go through with it, because although I wouldn't 
mind sleeping with the girl and even having a (non-committed) 
relationship with her, I know that the relationship is not going to 
last and she's going to get hurt.  
 
Also, as you can imagine, I don't have any one night stands/
casual sex, which I'd like to, except that I think that after 
she sleeps with me, she's going to fall in love with me, and get 
hurt.  
 
Partly it might be because I'm naturally a gentle, caring, 
romantic sort of guy.  Not a push-over or "wussy-man," just 
genuinely concerned about other people's feelings.  And I'd 
like to be able to be that kind of guy, but still not have to 
be committed to just one girl and that sort of thing.  
 
Any advice?
 
Thanks,
BB
 
>>>>>> MY REPLY:
 
Yes, BB, you shall receive a prize. You shall receive the 
knowledge required to defeat Johnny in the climactic showdown as 
you perform the crane kick maneuver.
 
Right. So, this is an interesting question. If I'm reading this 
correctly, you're having trouble picking up girls because you 
feel that after you pick them up, they'll fall in love with you 
and it will hurt their feelings when you leave them? 
 
Humble much?
 
Seriously, though, you're probably an awesome guy and everything, 
but take into consideration the fact that women are typically 
much more reasonable than guys when it comes to assigning value
to relationships. 
 
Let me give you an example: guy meets girl, they hit it off and 
he gets her phone number. The guy walks away thinking, "Wow, her 
and I really have this great relationship! I can't wait to see 
her again!" And he thinks about her several times a day.
 
Meanwhile, to the chick, it's just another guy she gave her number
to, who she probably doesn't think about AT ALL unless he calls 
her up.
 
See, chicks are perpetually validated, so they are more realistic
about who they form connections with. They extremely socially saavy, 
in fact I'd say that the biggest, most socially retarded chick 
is more socially saavy than the average guy. 
 
They don't put unrealistic importance on relations until AFTER sex, 
at which point they then backwards rationalize things to 
justify the fact that they did it. 
 
A lot of this whole banter you hear from the girls about "being 
hurt by guys" is just BS designed to place shrouds around 
the truth: GIRLS WANT A GUY WHO WILL HAVE SEX WITH THEM AND 
THEN LEAVE THEM.
 
See, if you ask a girl if she wants a guy who is good with all 
women, she will say no. Yet she emotionally responds to this 
kind of guy. It's a cycle... the guy's skill gives him options, 
which makes him non-needy, which sub communicates all the right 
things. 
 
The "nice guy" keeps her amused and listens to all her problems 
and just generally acts as her emotional tampon. 
 
And after their romantic star-gazing date, she goes over to the 
player's house and gets the money shot all over her face. 
 
Do you wanna be some girl's fan club president? There are 
probably five more of them waiting in the wings.
 
So, a lot of what you hear from the girls on this subject is 
smoke and mirrors. Realizing that, however, doesn't mean that 
you should abandon all concern for people's feelings. 
 
In fact, a certain level of concern is *required* if you want to 
be successful in the game. Karma's a bitch, and you don't want 
to go around emotionally teeing off on chicks left and right. 
 
So how do you handle it? It's a process we like to call 
"managing expectations". 
 
What this means is being very up-front about who you are and what 
you do. She should know from the get-go that you're not looking 
for a long term relationship, that you are just looking to have 
a good time and see where things go from there. 
 
In other words, if you're pretending that there's gonna be a 
wedding in the chick's future if she sleeps with you, you're 
practically ENSURING the kinds of negative reactions you 
wrote about. 
 
Now, let me clarify something here. This doesn't mean you have 
to make some profound "announcement" to the girl... "I need to 
tell you something. I am a player. I want sex and nothing more." 
I mean, not only is that really LAME, you're almost BEGGING to 
get blown out there. 
 
It's something you want to SHOW, not TELL. 
 
You show it through your stories. You show it through the way you
interact with other girls while she's around. You show it 
through the way you move, the way you speak. It oozes from your 
being.
 
It's all about becoming congruent with being a player. When I 
first got into the game, I felt exactly the same way you do. I 
was afraid to hurt the girls. But after I had a few meaningless 
yet very fun relationships, I realized that nobody really gets 
hurt as long as the expectations are managed correctly. Then it 
got easier. 
 
It's like being a contract killer... they say that the first one 
is always the hardest. 
 
You just need to jump in there. Over time, you'll become more 
adept at the art of managing expectations, 
 
And who knows? That girl that you thought was a one-night-stand 
might turn out to be really cool, at which point it can 
grow into something more.  See, it works both ways. 
 
Something to think about. Take it easy.


_______________________________________________________
And wait! Check out my dating product reviews...loads of info on the latest PUAs and Dating Gurus there.
If you really liked the post, share it with others below.


No comments:

Post a Comment